Research Assistant, Research and Laboratory Position at NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
We are looking for a qualified candidate with experience in laboratory management. Tasks include typical research laboratory management activities:
- Provide assistance to the PI and project team in conducting and implementing research.
- Be responsible for safety within the project team to perform risk assessment, purchase and manage hazardous materials, oversee laboratory safety and hygiene, respond to weekly/monthly safety inspections of the department or the ‘OHHE.
- Manage group assets including equipment, computers, laboratory consumables. Be responsible for replacing, maintaining, repairing or disposing of old assets.
- Manage lab process and vendor engagement to purchase new equipment, consumables and other project services.
- Assist PI in writing an annual project report, including project expenses, summaries of research data, future challenges and plans, etc.
- Follow up on the administration of the laboratory assigned by the PI/Team Leader
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and tasks assigned by the PI/Team Leader
- At least a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering/Materials Science Engineering/Chemistry/Physics or equivalent; new graduates are welcome to apply.
- Excellent communication skills and good team spirit
- Fluency in oral and written communication
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of laboratory safety management will be an advantage
- Experience with research schematic drawing and video editing will be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with IR spectroscopy and MEMS work and nanofabrication techniques will be an added advantage but not a requirement.
- Open to CDD
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and computer engineering
Eligible Employee Referral: No
Job Application ID: 11864