Research Assistant, Research and Laboratory Position at NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
We are looking for a qualified candidate with experience in laboratory management. Tasks include typical research laboratory management activities:
- Provide assistance to the PI and project team in conducting and implementing research.
- Be responsible for safety within the project team to perform risk assessment, purchase and manage hazardous materials, oversee laboratory safety and hygiene, respond to weekly/monthly safety inspections of the department or the ‘OHHE.
- Manage group assets including equipment, computers, laboratory consumables. Be responsible for replacing, maintaining, repairing or disposing of old assets.
- Manage lab process and vendor engagement to purchase new equipment, consumables and other project services.
- Assist PI in writing an annual project report, including project expenses, summaries of research data, future challenges and plans, etc.
- Follow up on the administration of the laboratory assigned by the PI/Team Leader
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and tasks assigned by the PI/Team Leader
- At least a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering/Materials Science Engineering/Chemistry/Physics or equivalent; those with no experience are welcome to apply.
- Excellent communication skills and good team spirit
- Fluency in oral and written communication
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of laboratory safety management will be an advantage
- Experience with research schematic drawing and video editing will be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with IR spectroscopy and MEMS work and nanofabrication techniques will be an added advantage but not a requirement.
- Open to CDD
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences will be required.
As per Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises from January 15, 2022. Thus job applicants will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and computer engineering
Eligible Employee Referral: No
Job Application ID: 11864